Sunday, July 25, 2010

Every Nation 2010 World Conference: We all came together to glorify One Name

Revelation 7:9 says "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

That prophesy actually happened during the EN2010 World Conference last July 22-24. Almost 20,000 people from all nations, from all walks of life gathered together to worship and give praise and honor to the one true God. All three days of the event were filled with joy and heartwarming presence of Jesus Christ. We sang, we jumped and danced for joy, we listened to wonderful stories from people whom Jesus Christ has touched, we made new friends, and most of all, we praise the Holy Name of Jesus.


Like the other delegates of the event, I, too, have my own share of remarkable anecdotes from all those three days that I gathered together to keep in my memory box.

Day 1:




The opening was a blast! There was a parade like that of the United Nations thing where all participants dressed in their national costumes and paraded along the hall. The praise and worship part was powerful and intense. We really jumped for joy!

I love the message that Pastor Grace Aiyedogbon from Nigeria (?) shared about enjoying the banquet of God. "We should not content ourselves on the crumbs. It's time to eat the banquet for God has prepared that for us." If you think you don't deserve a good life because you're not a good person, well wait up. It's time to think clearly and ponder on the promises of God to His people. God wants only the best for all His sons and daughters. It's high time to share and feast on the banquet that God has prepared for you and stop trying to enjoy yourself on the crumbs that this world is offering you. Remember that you are a precious child of God. You have all the right to enjoy His banquet.

After Pastor Grace, Pastor Rice Brooks talked about the importance of discipling the young people. From the trademark Change the Campus Change the World, to Every Nation in our Generation, and now EVERY NATION EVERY CAMPUS. The Every Nation churches from all over the world give high regards to the importance of discipling the students because they will be the one who will pass the message to the next generation. Right now, the Every Nation church has already discipled and touched lives of many people from all 61 countries from all over the world, and we are all praying that it would grow more and more.

The power of prayer and faith really manifested in our eyes that moment when Ptr. Rice was speaking. While he was speaking, a loud noise brought about by a failure in the sound system or from the mic was heard. The tech guy in front came to the rescue and tried to fix the mic of Pastor Rice. After few attempts, the noise still continued. Pastor Rice decided to just lead everyone in prayer and ask God for His intercession in the sound failure that's happening that time. while we're praying, the noise suddenly stopped. It might be a simple thing but yes, we were all in put in awe by God's power and the magnificence of His presence in that conference.

That first day, while I was singing praises to God and listening to these speakers, God put in my heart and mind that faces of my friends: Barry, Pearl, Nicole, Bheck, and Franco. The message was clear: I need to reach out to them and share with them the news about Jesus. I don't know how to do it especially that the first three people on the list knew me from way back then as a bad and naughty girl. I, however, believe in the strength that God will put in my heart for me to do this mission. I know God will lead me through this mission.

That day ended wonderfully. That kept us excited for the next day of the conference.

Day 2:

CNN 2009 Hero of the Year Efren Penaflorida shared his story with us and how he struggled just to be able to provide education to the less privileged kids in his province in Cavite. I can't help but cry with his story. He was less privileged himself, too, and yet, he has that heart to serve other people. He didn't want other unfortunate kids to experience what he had experienced and the selfless him really did everything to provide knowledge and understanding to these kids. What an inspiration! And the even greater thing about Efren Penaflorida is that he is doing all these to give glory and honor to God!

We were also privileged to hear the inspiring message of Pastor Yesuparam from India who shared his story on how he came to know Jesus despite being in a country of Hindu believers. The guy's so humble and full of spirit of God while he was talking and I was really touched at how he even cried while he was uttering the words: TILL THE LAST BREATHE OF MY LIFE, I WILL BELIEVE IN YOU JESUS!" It was so powerful and heartwarming. I was really inspired with his faith. He even shared a story when he was preaching about Jesus to some people and they just threw stones at him because they don't want to believe what he's talking. He felt and saw blood coming from his forehead and instead of getting mad and losing heart, he was even glad and cheered for God in even more. He even shouted: THIS BLOOD IS FOR MY JESUS!


During the evening session, we were delighted, amazed, and inspired by the presence of a pastor from China whom we should not mention the name for some security reason. As you well know, China is still not that open with the thought of Jesus and Christianity and there are many Christians who were being persecuted there. That Chinese Pastor that we had for our speaker that day is an underground pastor. He preached about Jesus and the Gospel in secret places and it is really amazing to get to know people like him--doing the mission that God put in their hearts despite the danger. I hope I could be like him, too--to be able to speak about Jesus, stand up for Him, and share His gospel to other people. I personally liked his message on doing God's business: WHEN YOU ARE BUSY TAKING CARE OF GOD'S BUSINESS, GOD IS BUSY TAKING CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS, TOO."
It was amazing to know that this man came to know Jesus just because he got caught under one roof with Pastor Jonathan Bocobo of VCF one rainy day in China. Since then Pastor Jonathan started inviting him over a meal at McDonalds, which he gladly accepted because back then, eating at McDonalds was a luxury and you are cool when you're seen drinking coke inside a McDonald's cup. This guy's obedience might have started out as shallow as that but nonetheless, God has wonderful plans for him that He talked to him one day inside the hotel room through the VCD tape that Pastor Jonathan showed him. And since then, he was never the same again.

The famous singer of Hillsong Darlen Zsech also joined us in the EN2010 event and we were honored to hear her messages about Jesus and how we could glorify God in the gifts that He has blessed us with. In her case, she used her talent in music to honor God. For her, MUSIC IS CREATED TO CARRY THE PRESENCE, THE FRAGRANCE OF GOD. I was moved with her message: WE WERE NOT DESIGNED TO RECEIVE GLORY BUT WE WERE DEIGNED TO GIVE GLORY. Very true, indeed.

And of course, how can we forget one of the special highlights of the night? The Every Nation church set a world record by singing Amazing Grace in 50 languages! Indeed, God's presence is powerful and wonderful. We were all filled with His love and presence while we sang Amazing Grace. I felt really blessed to be part of that wonderful moment!

On that second day, God put in my heart a picture of our sick neighbor Ate Marlen. This lady is a known gossiper in our place. Right now, she's very sick and thin and she just came out from the hospital. I've long wanting to talk to her and invite her over to Victory but whenever I sit next to her, I just can't find the right words to start the conversation. I am praying to God that He provide me with the strength that i need and the words that I need to talk to Ate Marlen and share with her the good news about Jesus.

Day 3:

It's a volunteer day for me! I am not contented to just being a regular participant of the EN event. I want to literally really take part and have a role in the event so I decided to volunteer in the Kids' Church. Our call time was 11am so I only got to experience the worship fever in the morning session. I might have missed out on the wonderful happenings on the 3rd day of the event but I was blessed to have gained new friends and meet new people in the Kids Ministry. Plus, the kids were all cute and we had fun taking care of them while their parents were inside the main service hall. The appreciation and the "thank you's" that their parents gave us were like music to our ears:-)

Moreover, I was also able to listen to the stories of my fellow volunteer, Ate Lina, who also enlightened my heart on the different worries I have right now. It's always nice to talk to a fellow believer of Christ who'd already experienced a lot of things in life.

It was indeed, one of the greatest three days of my life. I was able to bond with other members of our church, meet new people, gained new friends, and most of all, experience the wonderful presence of God. I could really imagine Jesus Christ smiling from Heaven while we were all singing, dancing, and praising His Mighty Name. He is the only One True King that we should adore!

More than a year ago, I made a very important decision in my life, and that is to follow Jesus with all my heart. Regardless of what my family will say and think or all the other people around me, I followed my heart and decided to start a new journey with Jesus Christ. I never regret making that decision because that one move created a big and wonderful change in my life. I am now a new creation because Jesus Christ found me and He chose me to be one of His ambassadors. Moreover, I thank Him for making me part of the Every Nation family:-)

No comments: