Friday, June 21, 2013

Laid-back Weekend at Dzone Backpackers Inn, Silang Cavite

I am not a beach person. I like it when I see it and I'm looking at it while sitting on the sand and contemplating on various things, however, it's not on top of my list when I think of a place to go to when I need to unwind. The sight of trees, greenfields, and mountains relaxes me more and helps me unclutter some thoughts off my head. 

Thus, when I want to loosen up and break free from the hubhub of work and city life, I would always look for places which has plenty of greens anywhere I set my eyes on. Baguio and Sagada are actually two of my favorite retreat places in the world, but to go there everytime I want to simmer down is just way too expensive and travel toxic. 

Good thing I live in a country which is undoubtedly blessed with abundance of natural resources, especially trees, that I need not travel too far to feast my eyes on fields of green and hang loose. 

Less than 2 hours drive from Manila, there is a silent sanctuary nestled in the quiet town of Silang, Cavite---DZONE Backpackers Inn Tagaytay. It actually has two branches, the other one, which is more backpackers friendly, is located along E. Aguinaldo Highway in Tagaytay. The one located in Mataas na Burol, Silang Cavite is actually much conducive for serene relaxation and silent retreat. 

I had the chance to experience the serenity that Dzone Backpackers Inn in Mataas Na Burol has to offer through the invitation of its owner, Arvin Dizon, who is actually a friend of my cousin. 








How can you say no to such a charming place as this, right? 

Dzone in Mataas Na Burol used to be just a resthouse of Arvin's family. As per Arvin, usually they go here on a weekend to relax and have a feel of the country life. The family, however, decided to open it to the public last year since they could see potential in the place as a perfect retreat house for couples, big families, friends or even small to medium organizations in need of a place for teambuilding. Since then, they've been entertaining guests who were all charmed by the laid-back feel of the place. 

At present, Dzone in Mataas Na Burol has 4 nipa huts for rent which is good for 2 persons. The huts don't have air-conditioned units installed in there and no TV as well, perhaps to make guests really veer away from the usual comforts of the city life. But don't worry because there are electric fans provided in every room :D
The price pero hut is P1000 /night for 2 pax and that's already inclusive of breakfast. Happy deal, right? 




















Guests are also allowed to bring in tents especially for big groups since the place could only accommodate up to 12-15 persons for now. If you want to bring in tents, there is only a fee of P100 per tent. 


If in case you can't really live without the aircon or TV, DZONE also has a small villa for rent which could house up to 4 pax per night. 



 And this is my favorite spot in the villa :-) Makes me wanna grab a book and read have some  fresh buko juice :-)




Rate is P3000/night for the entire villa and also includes breakfast for 4 persons. Guests are also allowed to bring in their baon. They also have a mini kitchen provided just a few steps away from the villa just in case you want to cook. 

They also have a main hall where guest could hold special functions/events. A little dress up on this hall could already make it look grand for special occasions.



And yes, they have this old-school squat toilet which gives off more country living feel. 





Arvin also toured us in the lettuce farm located inside the place as well. 







Now I know why the lettuce they used to garnish our breakfast in the morning tasted very fresh :D

Dzone Backpackers Inn, Mataas Na Burol could really be a perfect silent sanctuary especially for individuals who yearn for quiet, modest country life every once in a while but could only go to a not so far outskirts of the city. Did I mention that it's in this place that I first saw fireflies? That experience really made me feel like I'm in the music video of Owl City's Fireflies! 

Tagaytay is also just a 10-15 minutes ride away from the place so you can also enjoy the cool weather of Tagaytay at night if you wish to. 


How to get to Dzone Backpackers Inn, Mataas Na Burol from Metro Manila:
Ride any bus in Lawton/Pasay/Cubao going with the signage going to Tagaytay/Olivarez/Mendez/Alfonso/Nasugbu. Ask the conductor to drop you off at Kilometer 48/Balite Bus stop. From there, ride a tricycle going to Mataas Na Burol. Dzone Backpackers Inn is at the fourth gate to the right from the Mataas Na Burol ark. 

Fare: (Bus from Lawton to Balite bus stop) P76
Tricycle: P10-P15 per pax

For reservations or more info, you can text or call +639228189144 ; (046)5441035 or send email to dzonebackpackersinn@yahoo.com. 





No comments: